Capt. Bo and First Mate D are fervent advocates of a healthy lifestyle. Fish is an excellent source of lean protein and a great addition to a healthy diet. Below are some of their favorite recipes. Enjoy!
Healthy Fried Fish
- Seatrout is our favorite fish to use in this recipe.
- Start by seasoning filets with Tony’s seasoning (or substitute healthier All-Purpose seasoning by Simply Organic)
- In another bowl, wisk together milk and eggs
- Place your seasoned filets in the milk and egg mixture
- In a gallon zip loc bag, dump a can of Progresso Italian bread crumbs
- Take your filets (that you dipped in the milk and egg mixture) and then place them in the zip loc bag with the Progresso Italian bread crumbs and coat evenly
- Lightly fry in high smoke point oil (Grapeseed & Sunflower oil are excellent choices), and use a non-toxic frying pan.
Capt. Bo’s “Leave your fork in the bowl” Fish Salad
If ya want the best fish dip ya ever had, just chop up the above recipe with a fork and add mayo and mustard (like ya were making egg salad) and chill. We recommend Smart Balance Omega Plus light mayo dressing and any brand of organic mustard from your local supermarket or health store. Also great on bread and crackers – try multi-grain bread or spelt crackers for a healthy touch.
Red Chowder you will Devour
- Season and Brown1 lb of bacon (diced) and one big vidalia onion in a pan.
- Then dump all contents into a pressure cooker.
- Add Tomatoes (we recommend Muir Glen – Organic – No salt added)
- 2 big cans stewed tomatoes
- 2 big cans whole tomatoes
- 2 big cans diced tomatoes
- 2 boxes of baby bella mushrooms
- Add 3 lbs of peeled red potatoes( cut into 3/4 inch squares)
- Place the top on pressure cooker and let whistle for 3 minutes , run water over top to release pressure and pop the TOP.
- Add 2 lbs of your favorite fish ( i have used everything from Grouper to Talopia, it’s all GOOOOOOD !!!!!!!!!!)
- Place the top back on and then let it whistle for 3 minutes again… There ya go it is served
First Mate D’s Healthy Lemon Zest Baked Fish Dish
*** Have a recipe suggestion? Enter it below in the Comment box and share the fishy goodness )